What We Do
Mediphage Bioceuticals uses bacteriophage elements to generate safe, effective, and accessible phage-based therapeutics.
To eradicate the suffering of diseases through revolutionary therapeutics.
We execute this mission with integrity, respect, and honesty.
Mediphage Bioceuticals Inc. was formed as a spin off company from the University of Waterloo in Ontario, Canada.
Mediphage Bioceuticals closes its seed round of 490K to develop proof of concept and perform early stage efficacy studies.
Mediphage Bioceuticals successfully develops its DNA Ministring production and targeting technology. Mediphage also completes early stage concept and efficacy studies.
Mediphage Bioceuticals moves to the MaRS Innovation Center located in Toronto, Ontario. Mediphage Bio is now entering late stage safety and efficacy studies and is beginning to manufacture DNA Ministrings in compliance with cGMP manufacturing practices.
DNA ministrings (msDNA) are an efficient, customizable, and redosable vector for ex vivo and in vivo gene therapies, CAR-T, and CRISPR therapeutic applications.
- Modular, non-viral minivectors that maintain stability due to linear topology and closed-ends
- Produced in 8 hours from bacteriphage elements in E.Coli bacteria
- The only vectors capable of protecting from harmful mutations in the chromosome by selectively inducing cell death upon harmful integration
- No immunostimulatory components to enhance repeated administration
With the highest safety profile across viral and non-viral vectors, DNA ministrings enhance the transition of current genetic engineering technology into true personalized genetic medicine.
To date, we have received support from CDL-West, Illumina Accelerator, Canada-Chicago Mentorship Program (C2MP), and JLABS@Toronto. Our technology has also been featured in Nature-affiliate journals.
Our msDNA is currently being evaluated by therapeutic development partners using gene therapy, CAR-T, DNA vaccines, iPSCs, CRISPR, and B cell immunotherapy approaches across a variety of applications.
If you are interested in evaluating msDNA with your technology, please contact us at email@example.com.
Dr. Roderick Slavcev,
Founder & CEO, HBSc, PhD, MBA, MRSB, C.Biol
- Associate Professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences
Professor, Business & Entrepreneurship School of Pharmacy, University of Waterloo
Chartered Biologist, Royal Society of Biology
Dr. Jonathan Blay,
CSO, PhD, FIBMS, FRSB, CSci, CBiol
- Professor of Pharmacy (Waterloo)
Adjunct Professor of Pathology (Dalhousie)
Fellow of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences
Fellow of the Royal Society of Biology
Senior Scientist, BSc
- PhD Candidate
- School of Pharmacy
- University of Waterloo
Director of Advancement
- MA - International Relations
- BMath - Computer Science (Bioinformatics)
Chief Operating Officer
- MBET - Business Entrepreneurship, and Technology
- HBSc - Neuroscience, Cell and Molecular Biology, and Immunology